Thursday’s Carrot: Five Steps to Help Organize Your Christmas Morning
After all the opening of the presents Christmas morning, there is always a huge mess left.
Wrapping paper, boxes with pieces and parts laying half opened, toys and clothes scattered everywhere…Sound like a typical Christmas morning at your house?
Here are 5 simple steps that will help you cut down on some of the craziness Christmas morning:
1) Get several black trash bags. Station them around the room so that everyone has access to one for their trash. Immediately after opening their gift, have them throw just the paper away.
2) Assign sections. Have one place each person places their opened gifts near them.
3) Get envelopes for gift cards and money. If you know that your family members are getting gift cards or cash, then have a large colored envelope that they can place their gift cards or money in that has their name on it. You can pass those out after they receive their first one.
4) Get a bag for ribbons and bows. Have one central bag if you keep the ribbons and bows to recycle. The kids can have fun tossing the bows your way.
5) Have a bag for toys with tiny pieces. You can also use white trash bags and have them out in case someone wants to open a new toy that has many pieces and parts. They can put the extra pieces in the bag if the box gets torn apart too much to use. Then make sure that all trash throwing adults KNOW that white trash bags DO NOT go in the trash.
Do you have any other clean up methods you use Christmas morning? Please share with us below!