Tips for a romantic Valentine’s Day setting
• Instead of dining where you always do, choose a new spot. Move a small table in front of the fireplace or into the center of your living room. If the weather permits where you live, go out onto a porch, patio or deck. A beautiful view, whether mountains, city lights, or the stars will add an ambiance that no amount of decorating can top.
• Create a romantic atmosphere with music wafting through the room. Dim the lights or turn them off, use the glow of candles to not only enhance the romance factor, but to add that attractive glow to your own face.
• When setting your Valentine table, use your good linens, dishes, silverware and glasses. A small vase of flowers and candles on top of a mirror placed in the center of your table will reflect the candlelight as well as the flowers.
• No fireplace, no problem. Get the “Fireplace DVD –Real Wood Burning Fireplace” for $9.49 at Amazon.com to add to the mood.
• Scatter rose petals or heart-shaped confetti over the table’s surface to add to the décor and romance of your meal.
• Drape clear, white, or pink bead garlands in your chandelier. The clear beads will reflect the light adding that starlight quality to your surroundings.
• Visit your local grocery store or favorite restaurant for meals that only need heating up in the oven. Not having to spend hours on preparation will allow you to have a more relaxed evening.
Ultimately, spending time with the one you love is the goal, so don’t stress over making things “perfect”. Some of the best memories come from the not so perfect!
By Kathy Passarette, Buttoned Up’s Home Expert
Do you have a decorating question? Send your questions to Kathy Passarette at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Buttoned Up” in the subject line. Kathy will answer your questions right here on Buttoned Up.
Kathy Passarette is an Interior Decorator based on Long Island, New York. For more information please visit www.creativehomeexpressions.com.